Tuesday, February 8, 2011

See Things As They Really Are

Vipassana is one of the most ancient Indian techniques of meditation. This technique is more than 2500 years old. It is a 10-day residential course being taught worldwide to executives, government officials, and now...prisoners.


Is this a viable recourse to actually rehabilitating criminals? Take a look at this NPR article & this Beaumont Enterprise article - come back to comment. I want to test the pulse of my readers on this particular issue. I think that this technique would only be significantly effective for more mature prisoners or career criminals. Our focus should be on juveniles-- prevention long before that point. Stay tuned for my personal views on prisons and their impact on American society...


--As always, my standard is Author. What's yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment